Some things about me
I have been with the University of Florida since 1982 and currently serve as Associate CIO. I'm charged with the Direction of the Office of Academic Technology. I'm a member of the senior IT management team at the University of Florida and have been charged in the past with leading IT strategic planning efforts for the institution. I'm also a tenured professor of Agricultural and Biological Engineering. My main responsibilities are to provide leadership and direction to ensure quality IT services for students, faculty and staff that relate to the teaching, research, and the engagement mission of the University of Florida.
Some career highlights are:
- President of the International Commission of Agricultural and Biological Engineering (CIGR) 2011-2012, Member of the Club of Bologna, Fellow of the International Academy of Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering, and Fellow of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE).
- Produced numerous publications and software related to computer applications in education and extension, agriculture and water management.
- Received several awards, including Lifetime Honorary President of CIGR, the Kishida International Award, the US Department of Agriculture Outstanding Service Award, Outstanding Leadership Award from ASABE, Young Engineer of the Year from the Florida Section of ASAE, Florida Davis Productivity Award from the Florida Tax Watch Foundation, and Teacher of the Year from the Tecnológico de Monterrey Student Association.
- Chaired or co-chaired the World Conference on Computers in Agriculture since 1982.
- Consulted for World Bank, USAID and other public and private institutions in Latin America, Asia and Europe.
For more information see my Resume (pdf) Short
These are some forums I've made presentations to:
- United Nations Committee on Sustainable Development. (Plenary: Sustainable Engineering Practice for Food Agriculture and Natural Resource Management. New York, USA)
- World Federation of Engineering Societies (Plenary: Information Technologies for the 21st Century. Madrid, Spain)
- Chinese Ministry of Commerce (Role of IT in poverty mitigation, Beihai, China)
- Asia Federation of Information Technologies in Agriculture (AFITA) Congress. (Keynote Speaker. Information Technologies in Agricultural Extension. Suwon, Korea)
- European Federation of Information Technologies (Plenary: A Centralized-Distributed Model for IT Management. Bonn, Germany)
- American Association of Engineering Societies. (Invited Speaker: Bioengineered Foods. Academy of Engineering. Washington D.C.)
- Latin American Association of Agricultural Engineers Congress. (Plenary: Information Technology in Agriculture. San Jose Costa Rica)
- Symposiun on New Technologies Applied to Agriculture. (Keynote Speaker: Information Technologies Applied to Agriculture. ITAP. Albacete, Spain.)
These are some publications related to my current research interest areas over the past 10 years or so.
- Williams, R.J., J.C. Hartman, F.S. Zazueta and J.K. Smith. 2012. Development for student success: An undergraduate online course in engineering. In: Teaching With Technology, Volume 2: The Story Continues. Ed. G.C. Cark and S.A. Clouser. Published by the Learning Technology Consortium. http://www.learningtechnologyconsortium.org
- Zazueta, Fedro S., Jiannong Xin, Luis Santos Pereira, and André Musy. 2006. Section 6.4 Information Technologies in Water Management, pp. 401-414 of Chapter 6 Management and Decision Support Systems, in CIGR Handbook of Agricultural Engineering Volume VI Information Technology. Edited by CIGR--The International Commission of Agricultural Engineering; Volume Editor, Axel Munack. St. Joseph, Michigan, USA: ASABE
- F.S. Zazueta. Creating the Collaborative University. Proceedings of the Joint EFITA/WCCA. July 25-28, 2005. Villa Real, Protugal.
- E. S. Sepúlveda Bustos, F. S. Zazueta, R. Bucklin, E. Holzapfel Hoces. Rapid Prototyping of Learning Objects for Agricultural and Biological Engineering Education. 2006 Applied Engineering in Agriculture.Vol. 22(3): 461-475.
- Sepúlveda, E.S., M. Pineros, F.S. Zazueta, and E.A. Holzapfel.
2004 Use of learning objects for the delivery of multilingual irrigation engineering education content. ASAE/CSAE Meeting Presentation. Ottawa, Canada Paper Number 043006. 16 p.
- Sepúlveda, E.S., F.S. Zazueta, E.A. Holzapfel, and R.A. Bucklin.
2004 Equations for complex microirrigation network hydraulics using grid computing. ASAE Section Meeting Presentation. Stuart, FL, USA. Paper Number FL04-1008. 12 p.
- Sepúlveda, E.S. and F.S. Zazueta. Wetted bulb dimensions from a trickle source. ABE351. Florida Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida. 2004
- Vergot,P., F.S. Zazueta and H.W. Beck. 2004. Use of personal digital assistants for extension program record keeping. Journal of extension. Vol. 42 Number 4. http://www.joe.org/joe/2004august/tt6.shtml
- J. Xin, M.T. Momol, R.K. Sprenkel, H.W. Beck, F.S. Zazueta, P. Vergot
III, G.C. Wisler.
2003 Using a web-based distance diagnostic and identification system as a tool for biosecurity.
ASAE annual International Meeting paper number 033069, Las Vegas Nevada.
- Zazueta. F.S., and P. Vergot III. Use of Handheld Computers in Agriculture. Proceedings of the 5th Congress of the European Federation of Information Technology in Agriculture. July 2003,. Debrecen, Hungary. pp: 12-16.
- Zazueta F.S., and Jiannong Xin, Editors, 2001 Proceedings of the
World Conference on Computers in Agriculture and Natural Resources.
ASAE. Iguazu Falls, Brasil, 901 pp.
Go to a more complete list of publications (pdf, not always up to date).
These materials are part of the tools used in the University of Florida Faculty Institute. Materials were developed at the Center for Instructional Technology and Training.